Saturday, July 11, 2009

Writing, Photo and Birds

I'm going to start with birds. Spike O'Dell, retired WGN radio personality, put a live cam in his bluebird house. I became addicted. Spent way too much time on the couch with the cam live watching them from hatching to fledging! Finally, a couple days ago, I realized I could draw them while I watched. It became a little bluebird character sheet.* I will scan it later.
I took some photos with my Canon 50D digital SLR and keep thinking the cord in the box is the wrong one and I've lost it. I have Photoshop (CS 3) on my one Mac and iPhoto; the only cord in the box has a warning label on it "be sure to load Canon software!" I know I've downloaded before, without the Canon software. No offense to Canon, but I find the programs I already have work well, and sometimes the various software packages don't get along with what's already there. Also, have a Canon DV camcorder and a Canon Digital Elph...all the cords are different!
Bottom line is I have some nice swan pictures that I'd like to post. When I find the solution, I will!
Writing going well, but I am basically outlining, working on the final part (of a 2-3 book series) and I should be typing the beginning.
Will go to Columbia College Chicago next week. Hopefully the semi-final George/Gracie lip sync* is still there (yikes!) as promised. My instructor wanted it kept on the Lunchbox* until after it was graded and said it would be saved on some media (DVD or thumb drive) after the Lunchboxes were wiped for the summer school students. The animation area is closed after July 18, so I'd better go. If I get this I will post it.
If not...
I have to shoot it again! I still have the sound on Amadeus Pro and still have the drawings. However...my animation program doesn't include sound. So, which upgrade do I buy? Right now the programs are on sale, so I'd better call and do it soon!
Note: Starting with this blog, an asterisk * means I define the term in my Animation Definitions blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment